- 1 paper cup
- Soil – seed starting or fluffy mix, we like G&B
- Fertilizer- organic is best, we like G&B
- Light and water
- Punch holes in the bottom of a plastic or paper cup*
- Fill cup 1/2 full of soil
- Sprinkle a pinch of fertilizer
- Using pencil poke 3 holes in soil
- Add seeds into the holes
- Sprinkle soil over seeds
- Using spoon drizzle a small amount of water (or use a spray bottle)
- Place in sunny window
Always be sure to read your seed packet first for best results.
Some Tips: Soil should remain moist, not soggy. As plants grow, they may need to be transplanted into a larger container or acclimated to the outdoors then planted into the garden. * Try using egg cartons, plastic muffin or produce containers and other recycled items to sprout your seeds. Use your imagination and have fun with it!
This was a collaboration written by Eileen Hoffman of Zenith Holland. Stop in and ask to Eileen about this project and choosing seeds. Call or Email for further details.